The Recipe For Making Texas Sheet Cake.
You can make Texas Sheet Cake using 17 ingredients in 14 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Texas Sheet Cake
- Mix 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Fill 2 cups of unsifted flour.
- Mix 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Insert 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Fill 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Fill 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Mix 2 of eggs.
- Insert 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Fill 2 sticks of butter.
- Prepare of Icing ingredients:.
- Fill 1 stick of butter.
- Add 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Fill 1 lb of powdered sugar.
- Add 6 tablespoons of buttermilk.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Fill 1 cup of chopped pecans.
Easy Way To Make Texas Sheet Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Generously grease and flour a large sheet pan. 17 1/4"x 11 1/2" x 1". I use the aluminum disposable type..
- Set aside first 4 ingredients in mixing bowl..
- Melt butter and add cocoa and water. Bring to a boil and pour over first 4 ingredients. Beat until smooth..
- Add remaining ingredients blending throughly. Pour into prepared sheet pan..
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Prepare icing as soon as you remove cake from oven..
- Bring 1 stick butter and 4 tablespoons cocoa powder to a boil. Add following ingredients..
- 1 lb powdered sugar.
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk.
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Stir throughly and spread over warm cake..
That's how to make Texas Sheet Cake Recipe.