The Recipe For Making Pound cake. Pound cake is a type of cake traditionally made with a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. Pound cakes are generally baked in either a loaf pan or a Bundt mold. They are sometimes served either dusted with powdered sugar, lightly glazed, or with a coat of icing.
Pound Cakes are so named because originally they were made with one pound of butter, one pound of sugar, one pound of eggs, and one pound of flour. In France, a Pound Cake goes by the name. Pound cakes first originated in Europe. You can make Pound cake using 7 ingredients in 4 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Pound cake
- Mix 1 cup of room temperature butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Yogurt/sour cream.
- Add 11/2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Add 4 of eggs.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
That's because a classic pound cake. This simple vanilla pound cake comes together in three easy steps. How sweet it is—pound cake from scratch in three simple steps! We've added vanilla to our recipe for an extra hint of flavor!
Quick Step To Make Pound cake
- Put the butter in a bowl and use electric mixture to mix until fluffy then put sugar and mix.
- Then put 4 eggs in the batter one by one then put the yogurt/sour cream in the mixture and mix.
- Then in another bowl put 11/2 cup of flour and baking powder then slowly put the flour mixture in the batter and mix all the ingredients well.
- Put it in a pan and bake it for 40 mins.
This recipe is an updated version. Pound Cake is one of those old fashioned cake recipes that will always have place on my dessert table. Bake a rich, buttery dessert the whole family will love with these simple and delicious pound cake recipes. Happily, pound cake is exceptionally easy to bake and nearly foolproof. Since a successful pound cake needs to be neither airy nor delicate, it's hard to mess up the batter. That's how to make Pound cake Recipe.