The Recipe For Making Feast of Seven Fishes VII - Tamagoyaki Pretending To Be Sponge Cake.
You can make Feast of Seven Fishes VII - Tamagoyaki Pretending To Be Sponge Cake using 13 ingredients in 10 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Feast of Seven Fishes VII - Tamagoyaki Pretending To Be Sponge Cake
- Fill 100 g of Shrimps Shelled & Deveined,.
- Prepare Pinch of Baking Soda,.
- Prepare 80 g of Scallops,.
- Fill of Sake, A Drizzle.
- Fill 105 g of Nagaimo / Japanese Mountain Yam,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Mix Pinch of White Pepper,.
- Mix 1 TBSP of Light Soy Sauce,.
- Prepare 12 of Egg Yolks,.
- Insert 6 of Egg Whites,.
- Prepare Pinch of Cream of Tartar,.
- Insert 100 g of Icing Sugar,.
- Add of Shichimi Togarashi, Pinch (Optional).
Easy Way To Make Feast of Seven Fishes VII - Tamagoyaki Pretending To Be Sponge Cake
- You can the Japanese mountain yam at a Japanese grocery. The other special tool you will need is a Japanese mortar and pestle aka Katakuchi Suribachi & Surikogi. Please try to get your hands on it as a food processor might not do the trick. I will definitely be using Katakuchi Suribachi & Surikogi to create more recipes in the future. In the meantime, please give this recipe a try. And here I wish you lovely fine people a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!.
- After shrimps have been shelled & deveined, transfer into a large bowl. Sprinkle in the baking soda. Toss to coat well. Add water and ice cubes. Set aside for 30 mins..
- Toss and coat well with some sake. *If you do not have a Japanese mortar & pestle, you can use a food processor. It might have the same results tho. Give it a few pulses and try not to blitz all the way thru'.* Coarsely chop shrimps into fine pieces..
- Transfer the shrimps into a Katakuchi Suribachi. Using a Surikogi, grind the shrimps into a smooth paste. It is okay if there are some small bits left. *This may take a while and a bit of a workout.*.
- Add in scallops, a couple at a time, using Surikogi to grind into a homogenous paste. Peel nagaimo and grate into the mixture. Mix until well combine. You should have a gooey and smooth paste. Once everything is incorporated, add salt, pepper and soy sauce. Give it a quick mix..
- Add in yolks, a few at a time, using Surikogi to combine well. In a separate bowl, using a hand or stand mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks. While still whisking, gradually add in the icing sugar, 1/3 portions at a time. Whisk until everything is homogeneous.
- You should have a fluffy and glossy mixture. If your Katakuchi Suribachi is big enuff, you can fold in the meringue. If not, I would suggest transfer the mixture into another large bowl. Fold in the meringue in portions until everything is incorporated well..
- You should have a very light and fluffy batter. Transfer the batter into the prepared cake pan. Using a skewer to poke any large bubbles. Wack into the oven and bake for 40 to 50 mins..
- The cake should be browned and puffed but still wobbly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down slightly. The cake will deflate when cooled and looks like a failed sponge cake. Slice and serve warm with some Shichimi Togarashi. You can also serve with some wasabi and soy sauce..
- For detailed recipe video: nstagram.com/tv/CJJRt4yl2w2/.
That's how to make Feast of Seven Fishes VII - Tamagoyaki Pretending To Be Sponge Cake Recipe.