The Recipe For Making Mungbean cake (onde-onde). Mung bean cake (lvdougao) is a traditional and popular Chinese dessert in summer. Many varieties of mung bean cake are available in China from taste, from color to shape. But in general, they are shaped by different cake moulds like mooncake moulds.
The Taiwanese Mung Bean Mooncake is usually stuffed with pork and mung bean. I omitted pork from my recipe and made it meatless as I knew I would be the one eating this mostly. My hubby and in-laws prefer the Five Nuts Mooncake. You can make Mungbean cake (onde-onde) using 17 ingredients in 2 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Mungbean cake (onde-onde)
- Add of Cook in the low fire.
- Mix of Filled.
- Prepare 500 gr of steam mung bean, diced into paste.
- Prepare 650 gr of castor sugar.
- Insert 50 gr of coconut powder.
- Insert 30 cc of or 3 tbs cooking oil.
- Mix of Outer skin.
- Prepare 1 kg of glutinous powder.
- Add 100 gr of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 500 gr of castor sugar.
- Add 1 tsp of salt.
- Insert 1 tsp of vanila powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Fill 60 ml of cooking oil.
- Prepare 800 CC of warm water.
- Insert of Mix all together till form.
- Fill of Sesame seed to cover.
It is my version of an Onde Onde cake. It is actually a Pandan Cake with Pandan Swiss Meringue Buttercream icing, coated with dried coconut flakes and My hubby said the cake perfectly mirrors the flavours of Onde Onde. I have another Pandan Cake with Gula Melaka Buttercream recipe which is. Mung beans can be found in Asian markets, or Asian sections of larger supermarkets.
Quick Step To Make Mungbean cake (onde-onde)
- Make mixed skin ingredient until in a good consistency, also mungbean filled.
- Cover with sesame seed before fry with lower heat..
This is a very dense, moist cake. In a small pan, sauté the shallots until light brown. Drain off the oil and spread the shallots over the top of the cake. Colorful beautiful moon cake, mung bean cake, Champion Scholar Pastry cake for Mid-Autumn festival traditional gourmet dessert snack, top view, flat lay. Chinese dessert mung bean cake is a perfect dessert in hot summer. That's how to make Mungbean cake (onde-onde) Recipe.