The Recipe For Making Lemon Chiffon Cake.
You can make Lemon Chiffon Cake using 9 ingredients in 13 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Mix 35 g of vegetable oil.
- Insert 56 g of cake flour / low protein flour.
- Prepare 40 g of milk.
- Fill 60 g of egg yolks (from +- 3 eggs).
- Insert 1 of small lemon, zested.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of poppy seed (optional).
- Insert 105 g of egg white (from +- 3 eggs).
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Insert 50 g of granulated sugar.
Quick Step To Make Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Heat vegetable oil to about 158°F (70°C) then transfer it into a large bowl. Sieve in the flour and mix well with a silicone spatula or wire whisk..
- Mix in the cold milk to bring the temperature down. Then add egg yolks and mix thoroughly..
- Add lemon zest and poppy seed. Do a final mixing then set aside..
- Using a hand mixer, beat egg white and lemon juice until foamy with tiny bubbles. With the mixer running, gradually add sugar in batches. Then continue beating until it becomes stiff peak..
- Add 1/3 of beaten egg white (meringue) into the yolk batter. Mix thoroughly with a wire whisk or silicone spatula..
- Add another 1/3 of meringue. From here on, we want to gently fold the mixture just until no white streaks are visible. Try not to deflate the air inside the meringue..
- Gently fold the final part of meringue until it is 90% mixed. Check the sides and bottom of bowl for any unmixed batter with a silicone spatula. Fold just until combined. Do not overmix as the batter loses its air every time we mix..
- Pour batter into a 6 x 3-inch round pan with loose-bottom. Shake the pan to spread it evenly. Tap the pan onto the counter twice to release any big unwanted bubbles..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean..
- [Optional] Remove the cake from the oven after 20 minutes into the baking time or when the top crust has started to form. Using a knife, score the top to make 6 equal wedges and try to do this within a minute. Immediately return into the oven to continue baking..
- Once the cake is out of the oven, place it upside down to cool completely. I do this by letting the edges of cake pan sit on the edges of 3 cups without touching the cake..
- Before unmolding the cake, run a spatula along the outside edges of cake. Serve and enjoy!.
That's how to make Lemon Chiffon Cake Recipe.