The Recipe For Making "Red" Velvet Cake.
You can make "Red" Velvet Cake using 17 ingredients in 7 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make "Red" Velvet Cake
- Insert 1/2 cup (115 g) of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cups (400 g) of granulated sugar.
- Insert 3-4 of eggs, room temperature and separated.
- Mix 1 cup (240 ml) of vegetable or sunflower oil.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Fill 1 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare of liquid or gel red food coloring.
- Prepare 2 cups (250 g) of all-purpose flour and 1 cup (130g) of cornstarch.
- Add 2 Tablespoons (10 g) of unsweetened natural cocoa powder.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 cup milk (let it rest for 5 minutes).
- Insert of Buttercream frosting.
- Add 3 cups of Icing sugar.
- Prepare 4 sticks of unsalted butter (softened).
- Insert 2 teaspoons of or one tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Fill 1-2 tablespoons of milk or heavy cream.
Quick Step To Make "Red" Velvet Cake
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease two 9-inch cake pans, line with parchment paper, then grease the parchment paper. Parchment paper helps the cakes seamlessly release from the pans..
- Make the cake: Whisk the flour, corn starch, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside..
- Beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the oil, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and vinegar and beat on high for 2 minutes. (Set the egg whites aside.) Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed..
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in 2-3 additions alternating with the milk and vinegar. Beat in your desired amount of food coloring just until combined. I use 1-2 teaspoons gel food coloring. Vigorously whisk or beat the 3-4 egg whites on high speed until fluffy peaks form for about 3 minutes. Gently fold into cake batter. The batter will be silky and slightly thick..
- Divide batter between cake pans. Bake for 30-32 minutes (177°)or until the tops of the cakes spring back when gently touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the cakes need a little longer as determined by wet crumbs on the toothpick, bake for longer. However, careful not to overbake as the cakes may dry out. Remove cakes from the oven and cool completely in the pans set on a wire rack. The cakes must be completely cool before frosting and assembling..
- Make the frosting: Beat the room temperature butter with a hand mixer until smooth, fluffy and until colour changes. Gradually beat in icing sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract..
- Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add food colouring, if using, and beat for thirty seconds until smooth or until desired colour is reached..
That's how to make "Red" Velvet Cake Recipe.