The Recipe For Making Palitaw (Filipino Rice Cake).
You can make Palitaw (Filipino Rice Cake) using 9 ingredients in 5 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Palitaw (Filipino Rice Cake)
- Prepare of Rice Cake:.
- Insert 2 cups of glutinous rice flour.
- Mix 1 cup of water.
- Insert of water for boiling.
- Insert of Coating:.
- Mix 1 cup of grated mature coconut.
- Add of Toppings:.
- Add 1/4 cup of sesame seeds.
- Insert 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar.
Quick Step To Make Palitaw (Filipino Rice Cake)
- Start by toasting sesame seeds until lightly browned or fragrant. Combine with sugar once cooled. Set aside. This will be your topping..
- In a bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and water until a doug is formed..
- Using an ice cream scoop, form into little balls and then flatten into small oval shapes..
- On a pot, boil enough water to submergethe rice cake. Once boiling, reduce to low boil and drop each piece. Do not overcrowd the pot. Once the rice cake floats, it is already done. Set aside to cool..
- Once slightly cooled, cover each piece with grated coconut and top with sesame and sugar mixture..
That's how to make Palitaw (Filipino Rice Cake) Recipe.