The Recipe For Making Pandan Cake.
You can make Pandan Cake using 12 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Pandan Cake
- Insert 70 gr of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 15 gr of cornstarch.
- Fill 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Mix 5 of egg yolks.
- Mix 1 of large whole egg.
- Fill 60 ml of cooking oil.
- Insert 65 ml of coconut milk.
- Fill 2 tsp of pandan extract (buy on Amazon, Ebay or Asian market).
- Prepare of I suggest to get "Butterfly" brand for pandan extract/paste.
- Fill of Green food coloring.
- Mix 5 of egg whites.
- Mix 85 gr of sugar.
Step By Step To Make Pandan Cake
- Prepare a round baking pan (diameter 8 in and 3 in depth). Grease with butter then line the base and the side with parchment paper..
- Prepare another larger round/square pan. Fill with water to 1/3 the height of the pan. Put this pan in the oven while preheat the oven to 340°F..
- Sift flour, cornstarch and salt. In a bowl, stir egg yolks, whole eggs, oil, coconut milk and pandan extract. Mix them well. Add the flour mixture. Stir until well blended. Put aside..
- Beat the egg whites on low speed until foamy. Then, add the sugar in 3 batches. Beat on medium or medium high until soft peaks form..
- With a spatula, fold in the meringue into the egg yolks mixture in 3-4 batches..
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal parts, Add green color paste to the first part, mix well to get darker green. Pour 1/4 cup of light green batter in the middle of the pan, then alternately each color..
- Carefully put the pan inside the other pan which filled with water (from the oven). Put them all back to the oven. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Test with skewer to see it it's done. The skewer should come out clean..
- Once cooked, remove it from the oven, leave it for a few minutes then take the cake out from the pan. Leave it on the wire rack until it gets cool..
- Store in a covered container in room temperature up to 3 days..
That's how to make Pandan Cake Recipe.